The Good Food Accelerator application is now closed. Applications for the 2017-2018 Cohort will open Summer 2017.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email Rebecca Frabizio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application will ask you questions concerning your business model, services/products, revenue, current funding, competition, and impact on the Good Food supply chain. You will be asked to submit your business plan and current and past financial statements.
There is a $95 application fee. This entitles every applicant, regardless of acceptance into the program, to admission for one person to the 2018 Good Food Financing & Innovation Conference (2018 Date & Location TBD). An email with additional details about the Conference will be sent to all applicants as the date approaches.
The application is hosted on F6S and you will need a Facebook or LinkedIn account to use the F6S site.
All information submitted in your application is confidential and will only be shared with members of the Selection Committee who review and evaluate submissions.
The Good Food Accelerator is not for every company. Acceptance into the program is dependent on meeting the following criteria. By submitting your application, you certify that the applicant and the applicant’s business meet all of these important requirements.
1. Values: The core values of the applicant’s business must align with FamilyFarmed’s definition of Good Food: Delicious, healthy, and accessible food produced as close to home as possible, by family farmers and producers who use sustainable, humane, and fair practices.
2. Geographic Area: Applicant’s business must be located in and serve the greater Chicago foodshed.
3. Documentation: If the applicant’s business is a startup, documentation must be provided to verify the applicant has previously launched, scaled, and successfully exited a business. If the applicant owns an existing business documentation, must be provided for the last 1–3 years of revenue.
4. Commitment: Applicant acknowledges making a commitment to invest the time, focus, and hard work to meet the requirements of this intensive, rigorous program.
5. Accurate disclosure: Applicant certifies that all information provided to FamilyFarmed is accurate. Applicant acknowledges he/she is willing to disclose sensitive personal and business financial information.
6. Good Faith: Applicant acknowledges that FamilyFarmed and the Good Food Accelerator team provide assistance in good faith and that the success of applicant’s business will ultimately depend on the applicant.